4/26/10

New Friends:)

Memory of the Day:

(2010) I'm sitting there, staring at the phone, waiting for Jessie to reply. Oh no... Dad said this would happen. I trusted her, and now she says she's keeping something from me. Oh god, if she's some 30-year-old creeper I swear to god... Suddenly, my phone trills. I hesitantly open the new text message and read: "I have this thing with putting my real name on the internet... Jessie is actually my middle name... My real name is Laura..." A wave of relief sweeps over me. Oh thank god...


This year, I've developed many pen pals for support with my... eating issues. Lauren is my fifth. The others are (in order) Victoria, Sherry, Samie, and Ana. I'm not really close with any of them except Samie. But I just met Lauren last week and we're already texting ALL DAY LONG and swapping pictures and I feel like I've known her for years.

She lives close to New York and I live close to Hollywood. I've always wanted to go to go there, and she's always wanted to come here. However, thanks to all those sick, psychopathic, child molestors out there, many parents have trouble believing that someone on the internet could ACTUALLY be who they say they are. Now, I'm not stupid. I knew that Laura might not be who she said she was, but after the pictures and the wording of her texts, I know she's who she says she is.

So I told asked my dad if I could go to New York this summer to visit a friend (to see what he would say). The conversation went as follows:

Me: Hey Dad, can I go to New York this summer to visit my friend?
Dad: Who do you know in New York?
Me: Jessie.
Dad: Who's Jessie?
Me: A friend...
Dad: *sigh* And where do you know Jessie from?
Me: .........the internet?
Dad: *rantrantrant fuckingcrazy rantrantrant childmolestors rantrantrant*
Me: She's not child molestor! Calm down...
Dad: *rantrantrant youdontknowanything rantrantrant sogullible rantrantrant*
Me: Fine! I'll go next summer when I'm 18 and you can't stop me!
Dad: *rantrantrant getyourselfrapedandkilled rantrantrant letsbeanidiotic rantrantrant*
Me: *sigh* Walking away now...

Soooooo... point being: New York trip this summer? Probably not. Next summer? Ohhh yeahhhhhh:DDD


Words of the Day:

Jessie: orangey yellow
Laura: light blue/periwinkle
summer: yellow/red
internet: reallyyy confusing... grey/orange/green/blue/green/orange/blue/green (SIGH)
pen-pals: purple! with a bit of orange at the end of pen and yellow at the end of pals:)

1 comment:

  1. (just to let you know, i used fake names to conceal the identities of the above peoples:)

    ReplyDelete