4/21/10

My Siblings Five

Memories of the Day:

(2001) I'm 8 years old and on a trip to Seattle with Uncle Marc (who's not really my uncle), Aunt Maria (who's not really my aunt), and their 2-year-old daughter, Alexandria Nicole. Alex is playing with her Bitty Baby doll on the floor of the hotel and I'm staring out the window into the overcast sky...

(1999) I'm 6 years old and visiting my dad and his new wife, Tanya, in California. I keep staring at Tanya's pregnant belly with the name Samantha Reese ringing in my head as I slurp down my Shirley Temple...

(2000) I'm 7 years old and staring at the doctor in shock as he hands me a picture of my half-sister, Logan Reese. Dead? But she didn't even get a chance to live...

(2002) I'm 9 years old and at the Orange County Fair with some friends on my annual California summer trip. I'm talking to Toni on the phone as she's telling me about how it's only going to be a few more days until Megan Elizabeth is born. I'm so excited for my new step-sister...

(2002) I'm 10 years old and visiting Uncle Marc and Aunt Maria for the winter holidays. Aunt Maria is throwing a fashion show and I'm so excited. But I ask her why her belly is big. She says she doesn't know, she's eating healthy and exercising but she continues to gain weight. I suggest she might be pregnant. She laughs and says that it's impossible. She had a 'special operation.' Little did anyone know that two months later Julian Anthony would become a tangible miracle...


I have five siblings:

Alex (11 going on 12) has long, wavy blonde hair, green eyes, and a sprinkle of freckles. She's about the color pink and her favorite thing to do is play with her millions of toys. She's not really related to me, but I've lived with her family the longest and she feels the most like a sister.

Sammy (just turned 10) is half-Thai, but shares my color-changing hazel eyes, loves the color blue, and spends all her time reading, laughing, and annoying me;) She's my half-sister (we share the same dad) and she spends half the week with our dad and myself.

Logan (would be 9) was my half-sister on my mom's side who died in a car crash when my mom was 6 months pregnant. She didn't make it because her lungs weren't fully developed.

Megan (7, almost 8) is a golden-haired little girl who loves the color pink, likes to read and practice her softball on the beach that is her backyard in Michigan. Her dad used to be my step-dad so I refer to her as my step-sister. We've never met, but we're planning a trip this summer:)

Jules aka Jellybean (just turned 7) has golden brown surfer hair, brown eyes, and is the cutest little boy you have ever/will ever see in your life. He loves the color green, collects Hot wheel cars, and begs me to play chess every time I visit. He's Alex's sister, so we're not technically related, but I don't really care:)

These are my siblings and also, coincidentally, my life. And even though they all have different hobbies, personalities, and parents, I love them more than anything.


Alexandria (light pink until the A, where it morphs into a baby blue, then has a fleck of pastel yellow for the 'ria')

Julian (chocolate brown surrounding olive green with a smear of orange at the end because of the N)

Samantha (hot pink with a chocolate brown smudge of a backround)

Logan (pastel yellow because of the combined golden yellow L and white O, then a bit of orange at the end because of the N)

Megan
(hot magenta pink with a smudge of orange at the end)

No comments:

Post a Comment