4/23/10

My Twilight Rant- Synesthete Style

yes, world. im having a twilight rant. everyone has one, even if it isnt written down. so if you want to hear my version, keep reading. if not, shut the fuck up, stop yelling at me, and read something else:)

Memory of the Day:

(2009) I'm sitting on the couch with my friend Lupe and we're about to watch Twilight (me for the first time). My friend Monique just forced me to read it last week and I finished the series in 5 days. I'm completely (and sadly) obsessed with this series and I can't wait to see how the movie compares with the book...


God I hate the fucking series. Now, to be honest, last spring I was completely obsessed. But then the 57 trillion teeny-boppers got a whiff and totally ruined it. And don't even get me STARTED about the actors. Utter and complete shit ALL the way around- well, except the CGI in New Moon. That was pretty legit.

Anyway: as a normal name, Bella is a light blue ribbon falling through the air. Bella's personality in the book as the same color- light blue. You see, when I'm reading a book, I don't imagine a face to go with the personality. I just see a sort of illuminated human-shaped blob of color in my mind. Bella's is light blue (as I said), Edward's is gold (yes, very coincidental), and Jacob's shifts from yellow in Twilight & New Moon to dark green in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. I think that has to do with him maturing into a wolf pack leader figure and not being so damn puppy-dog annoying.

So anyway, the name Bella is a light blue ribbon and the character Bella's personality is light blue, but that is where the similarities stop. The actress who plays Bella, Kristen Stewart, is so far from Bella's personality it's amazing. The name Kristen is mostly peach and her last name, Stewart, is mostly yellow with some green tossed in there because of the T's. And her personality is a solid, angry RED.

So basically, light blue does not = peach/yellow which does not = red.

Every movie set should have a synesthete to coordinate cast members and their characters. That movie gives me a headache to watch because of the clashing colors. It's like reading the wrong color letters- it's just wrong.


NAME (CHARACTER NAME COLOR/CHARACTER PERSONALITY COLOR/NAME COLOR/PERSONALITY COLOR)

Kirsten Stewart aka Bella (light blue ribbon/light blue/peach-yellow/RED)
Robert Pattinson aka Edward (dark blue with flecks of gold/gold/red-eggplant with dark green back round/ice blue)
Taylor Lautner aka Jacob (brown with a smudge of golden yellow/mostly forest green/forest green-gold/warm brown)
Twilight (dark blue with a light blue outline and yellow somewhere)
rant (bold red with a dash of orange for the N)

No comments:

Post a Comment